The Dow Jones tumbled by more than 200 points on Tuesday. Alphabet Inc GOOG GOOGL reported downbeat earnings for its second quarter after the closing bell on Tuesday.
Below is a look at the major economic reports scheduled for release today.
- The MBA’s index of mortgage application activity for the latest week is scheduled for release at 7:00 a.m. ET.
- Data on durable goods orders for June will be released at 8:30 a.m. ET. Analysts expect durable goods orders declining 0.5% in June following a stronger-than-expected 0.8% increase in May.
- An advance report on U.S. international trade in goods for June is scheduled for release at 8:30 a.m. ET. The US goods deficit is likely to shrink by $0.8 billion to $103.2 billion in June after narrowing to $104.0 billion in May.
- Data on wholesale inventories for June will be released at 8:30 a.m. ET.
- The pending home sales index for June is scheduled for release at 10:00 a.m. ET. Analysts expect pending home sales dropping 1% in June following a 0.7% increase in the previous month.
- The State Street Investor Confidence Index for July is scheduled for release at 10:00 a.m. ET.
- The Energy Information Administration’s weekly report on petroleum inventories in the U.S. will be released at 10:30 a.m. ET.
- The survey of business uncertainty for July will be released at 11:00 a.m. ET.
- The Federal Reserve will announce its policy decision at 2:00 p.m. ET. The Fed is projected to increase its federal funds policy rate by 75 basis points for a second consecutive meeting.
- Fed Chairman Jerome Powell will hold a press conference at 2:30 p.m. ET.
Check out our premarket coverage here